Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring is full of Growing

Central Pennsylvania endured a harsh March of late snowfall and frigid temperatures, so we have all been super thankful for the beautiful weather that April has brought! Flowers are blooming, trees are budding, and new life is surrounding me. I LOVE spring! By far my favorite time of year is the freshness and newness that Spring brings.

I have been dreaming of having a huge garden for years, however, our rented apartment (although it is on private property and has a mini-yard/hill included) does not allow us the space to plant much, particularly anything that needs significant sunlight, as our windows all face North, except two Eastern-ers in the living room.  So, this year I am diving into a garden project with my dear friend Christa on her mini-farm.  The most significant portion of my involvement so far has been starting seedlings indoors in one of my windows.  In my limited space, I currently have 12 shallot onion plants, 6 parsley plants, 6 cucumber plants, and 12 sugarsnap pea plants.  The sugarpea plants in particular have sprung up and grown high above my expectations for only three weeks since planting.

At planting:

9 days germination (sprouted):


Today (3 weeks to the day):

 
 
Isn't that AMAZING?!? I love coming home and seeing how many inches they have grown since that morning....it blows my mind every day!
 
 
And something else that is growing, and that is WAAYYYY more exciting is my niece or nephew!
 
 
 
My sister Laura and her husband William are expecting their first on July 6th!! I could not be more excited to be an Aunt!  My sister lives in southern West Virginia, so I don't have the opportunity to enjoy watching her grow from week to week, but they came up for a week long visit over Easter and I got to do a little shoot with them. :)
 
 
 
 

 
 
And I had to hop in one too....
 

I am super excited about all the "growing" that is going on, and can't wait to see the fruits of what God has begun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment